- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If a do-over were offered to season 11’s Elise Testone, she wouldn’t change a thing. So the eliminated finalist said following Thursday night’s show, during which she sat in the bottom three alongside Hollie Cavanagh and Skylar Laine but was the only one sent home.
You could blame it on song choice — she picked a lesser-known Queen song and an even more obscure (to today’s audience) Jimi Hendrix Experience track, and while she delivered both expertly, at this point in the competition, only the best will do.
That’s not to say Elise didn’t make the most of her time on and off the Idol stage. The sassy Charleston, South Carolina resident had several memorable on-air moments when she spoke her mind to the judges, while behind the scenes, the elder Idol took time to impart some hard-earned knowledge on her younger competitors.
“They know when they have a problem they can come to me,” she told THR after Wednesday’s show. “And I respect them too — they have so much that they can teach me.”
To that end, as she prepares to hit the road with her fellow finalists, Elise is looking ahead not backwards. She let THR special correspondent and Idol alum Didi Benami in on some of her plans. Check out the interview above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day