- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Iglesias had been eyed as a possible fourth judge, joining the already announced Mariah Carey as well as Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, both of whom are said to be wrapping up deals to join the show’s 12th season. Randy Jackson, a judge since the show’s 2002 debut, was said to be moving to a mentor role on the show.
But now Fox, producers FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment are said to have abandoned that scenario in favor of returning Jackson to the judges panel. It’s not clear what derailed the Iglesias plan, though money always is an issue with talent show judges. The current plan, according to the source, is to announce an Idol judges panel of Carey, Minaj, Urban and Jackson in time for the show’s on-site auditions, which will start by the end of September.
Fox declined comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier