- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rihanna, fresh off her appearance on Saturday Night Live, will get another high-profile network TV appearance this month when she takes the stage at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE for the American Idol finale.
Fox announced Tuesday that the 24-year-old singer will appear during Idol‘s May 23 eleventh season ender, performing her current single “Where Have You Been” for the two-hour performance and results special.
The night will also determine which of the remaining four finalists — Hollie Cavanagh, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez — will take this season’s title.
Rihanna’s recent SNL performance of “Where Have You Been” found the singer in some unusually elaborate staging for the NBC series. Dressed as some sort of Egyptian queen, she started out reclining in a pile of leopard print pillows before a group of shrouded dancers surrounded her, paying slight homage to Michael Jackson‘s “Remember the Time” video.
Rihanna has performed on America Idol twice before.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
RuPaul's Drag Race
The Umbrella Academy