- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Exactly one week after #TheDress became a national obsession, American Idol contestant Jax decided to catch America’s votes by wearing the viral frock.
On Thursday’s (March 5) episode — during which the top eight women were revealed and sang for America’s votes — Jax hit the stage of Detroit’s Filmore Theatre (where the show is taping this week) in the instantly famous blue-and-black striped dress. (Yes, it’s 100 percent blue and black, not white and gold.)
Host Ryan Seacrest joked about the wardrobe choice on Twitter: “Even with @jax wearing the actual dress I still see white/gold in the pic.”
Taylor Swift was one of the first celebs to weigh in on #TheDress last Thursday when the photo went viral. “I don’t understand this odd dress debate and I feel like it’s a trick somehow. I’m confused and scared. PS it’s OBVIOUSLY BLUE AND BLACK.”
American Idol is on Wednesday and Thursday next week, when the top 12 (out of 16 remaining hopefuls) will be revealed and perform. Stay tuned for our full recap of Thursday night’s episode.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day