- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It’s not always cutthroat competition backstage at American Idol, especially where furry friends are concerned.
Friday, June 21 is National Bring Your Pet To Work Day, and season 10 runner up Lauren Alaina got into the spirit by taking her adorable pooch, Prissie, to the set back on May 9.
PHOTOS: ‘American Idol’ Season 12 Finale in Pictures
“When I found out they were having a Pets at Work day at Idol and I got to bring Prissie, I was so excited because she’s just so cute,” she says in a video made to mark the occasion.
In the clip, Idol creator and executive producer Simon Fuller, recently departed EP Nigel Lythgoe and season 12 finalist Angie Miller are also shown cuddling their four-legged pals.
“Research has shown that working in a pet-friendly environment increases productivity” explains host Ryan Seacrest in a taped cold open.
STORY: The Best Thing About Season 12 of ‘American Idol’: Guitarist Brady Cohan
Dancing With The Stars champion Julianne Hough has been promoting the initiative as well. An avid dog lover who’ll next be seen in Diablo Cody’s Paradise, the dancer-turned-actress routinely brings her two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Lexi and Harley, to set.
Follow the initiative on Twitter, at Purina, and join the discussion at #PetsAtWork.
Watch the video below:
Twitter: @Idol_Worship; @MicheleAmabile
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day