- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TheWall Street Journal reported Sunday that the Idol judge was closing in on a deal to return for one more season, citing sources.
“We’re in good shape. No worries. No dark clouds on the horizon,” Cécile Frot-Coutaz, CEO at FremantleMedia North America, which produces the Fox singing competition told the WSJ.
Lopez has been in negotiations for months, during which time she has stated that she wasn’t sure whether she would return to the No. 1 show on television.
THR has reported that Lopez took home a paycheck of $12 million for her work on Season 10 of Idol, significantly less than the $35 million annual salary Simon Cowell earns. Idol experts have suggested that Lopez could be holding out for a salary hike that would bring her earnings more in line with Cowell’s.
Lopez joined the judges panel last season that saw Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara Dioguardi exit and Lopez and Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler join mainstay Randy Jackson.
Tyler has a multiyear deal and is already locked up for Season 11. Jackson also is on board for the next installment, which bows in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day