- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Idol‘s Nigel Lythgoe has inked a multiyear pact with Shine America to develop projects for the global marketplace.
Under the move, the Idol and So You Think You Can Dance producer, via his Nigel Lythgoe Productions panner, develop and produce entertainment franchises with the Shine Group. Lythgoe launched the production shingle last year with Idol owners CORE Media Group (previously 19 Entertainment).
“Nigel is clearly one of the world’s leading television producers, with an unmatched track record in TV programming both here in the U.S. and in the UK,” Shine America CEO Rich Ross said in a statement announcing the news late Thursday. “We are thrilled to welcome Nigel and his team to the Shine family and we look forward to developing the next wave of entertainment franchises together.”
The pact, which commences Jan. 1, was brokered by ICM Partners and Del Shaw.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day