- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC kept its stranglehold on the Nielsen ratings Tuesday, Aug. 21, with America’s Got Talent and Making It giving the network an easy win in primetime.
America’s Got Talent posted a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49, even with last week’s preliminary numbers (it adjusted up in the finals). The show’s 11 million viewers were more than twice as many for any other show Tuesday.
The just-renewed Making It is also steady with the preliminary 1.0 it earned last week (before adjusting down to 0.9 in the finals).
ABC’s Bachelor in Paradise ticked up a 10th of a point week to week to 1.1, in line with its Tuesday average thus far. Castaways held at 0.5.
Beat Shazam — also the recipient of a pickup Tuesday — matched last week’s 0.6 on Fox, and Love Connection stayed at 0.4.
The Outpost returned from a week off to a 0.1 on The CW, even with its previous three airings.
NBC averaged a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demo in primetime, easily outrunning the 0.9 for second-place ABC. CBS (which aired a night of reruns) and Fox tied for third at 0.5. The CW averaged 0.2.
The late-night talk shows on broadcast are all in reruns for the week.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day