- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NBC is sticking with America’s Got Talent.
The broadcast network has renewed the reality competition series for a 12th season, NBC chief Bob Greenblatt announced at the Television Critics Association press tour Tuesday. All of the current judges — Simon Cowell, Mel B, Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel — are expected to return, along with host Nick Cannon.
Cowell, who created the Got Talent format in the U.K., will be returning for his second season. Mel B and Klum will each return for their fifth season, Mandel for his eighth and Cannon for his ninth season.
“With the addition of Simon, the chemistry between our judges has grown even stronger and it’s easy to see how much enthusiasm they bring to the show night after night,” said Paul Telegdy, president of alternative and reality group at NBC Entertainment. “Nick adds a boundless energy as host that ties everything together. We’re thrilled to have such a strong team returning for season 12.”
America’s Got Talent is co-produced and co-owned by Simon Cowell/Syco Entertainment and FremantleMedia North America. Cowell, Sam Donnelly, Jason Raff, Trish Kinane and Richard Wallace are executive producers
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day