- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The first live show of the season on America’s Got Talent pushed the show’s ratings up a little bit week to week and carried NBC to another easy win Tuesday, Aug. 14.
AGT delivered a 2.0 rating among adults 18-49, up a 10th of a point from the prior week’s season low. Making It followed with a 1.0, even with last week’s fast nationals (it adjusted down to 0.9 in the finals).
Three of Tuesday’s four other broadcast originals suffered small week-to-week declines. Bachelor in Paradise (1.0) and Castaways (0.6) each dipped a 10th on ABC; BiP was off 0.3 from Monday’s show, but that’s in pattern with the show’s Monday and Tuesday numbers in 2017.
On Fox, Beat Shazam scored a 0.6, also down a 10th from last week. Love Connection held steady at 0.4.
NBC’s 1.7 average in the 18-49 demo nearly doubled the 0.9 for second-place ABC. Fox and CBS tied for third at 0.5. A pair of reruns on The CW averaged just a 0.1.
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon earned a 0.5 in the demo in metered markets, leading the way at 11:35 p.m. Jimmy Kimmel Live! and The Late Show With Stephen Colbert tied at 0.4.
Late Night With Seth Meyers (0.4) had the edge at 12:35 a.m., leading Nightline (0.3) and The Late Late Show With James Corden (0.2).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day