- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mirjana Puhar was killed in a triple homicide in Charlotte, North Carolina on Tuesday, police told the Charlotte-Observer.
Puhar, a 19-year-old former America’s Next Top Model contestant, was found dead along with her boyfriend Jonathan Cosme Alvarado, 23 and Jusmar Isiah Gonzaga-Garcia, 21. TMZ reports the home was Alvarado’s and Puhar had just moved in with the men. The site said a friend of Puhar and Alvarado’s heard gunshots and then went into the house and saw two bodies and money scattered around, and then called the police.
On Wednesday the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police arrested Emmanuel Jesus Rangel, 19, and charged him with three counts of first-degree murder. The CMPD told the Charlotte-Observer preliminary information may indicate the killings were drug related.
Rangel was also one of three people charged with a Sunday killing in Matthews, North Carolina. Matthews police officer Tim Aycock told the newspaper police are not sure if the two incidents are connected but that “It’s very suspicious that the same guy is charged” in both.
Puhar competed on the 21st cycle of ANTM, which aired in 2014. America’s Next Top Model producer Ken Mok couldn’t be reached for comment. Calls to the CW weren’t returned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day