- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy B. Harris is staying put at ABC.
The Wicked City alum has signed on to serve as showrunner on the network’s straight-to-series drama Designated Survivor.
Starring 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland, the drama centers on a lower-level U.S. cabinet member (Sutherland) who is suddenly appointed president after a catastrophic attack during the State of the Union kills everyone above him in the presidential line of succession. The series is described as a family drama wrapped around a conspiracy thriller about an ordinary man in an extraordinary situation.
Safe House‘s David Guggenheim will pen the script and exec produce alongside Simon Kinberg, Sutherland and Suzan Bymel. The drama is a co-production between ABC Studios and the eOne-based Mark Gordon Studios.
For Harris, the role continues her relationship with ABC, where she oversaw anthology Wicked City, which was canceled after only a handful of episodes this season. Her credits include HBO’s The Comeback revival, The CW’s The Carrie Diaries, Gossip Girl and Sex and the City. She’s repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day