- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Poehler has signed a deal for her first book.
The Parks and Recreation star’s untitled book is described by publisher It Books as “an illustrated, nonlinear diary full of humor and honesty and brimming with true stories, fictional anecdotes and life lessons.”
The Harper Collins imprint will publish the book in 2014.
In a statement, It Books editor Carrie Thornton said she was “blown away by [Poehler’s] creativity and her passion.”
Books by female comedy writers have recently been a hot segment for publishers. Leading the way has been Poehler’s pal Tina Fey, who has sold more than 2 million copies of her hit Bossypants.
Also selling well have been books by Chelsea Handler, Mindy Kaling and Sarah Silverman.
In October 2012, Girls creator Lena Dunham scored a $3.7 million advance for a collection of humorous essays.
Poehler was repped by William Morris Endeavor and 3 Arts Entertainment for the book project. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day