- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Schumer is set to headline her first HBO comedy special, the network announced Thursday.
The special, which will be directed by Chris Rock, will tape at the Apollo Theater in New York on May 29 and air later this year.
“Amy is one of the most inspired comics working today, and we hope her first HBO special marks the start of a long and beautiful relationship,” said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “This event is even more special because our good friend, the incredibly talented Chris Rock, is directing.”
The special is just the latest feather in Schumer’s hat. The comedian is in the middle of another acclaimed season of her Comedy Central series Inside Amy Schumer, which just won a Peabody Award, and she is starring in Judd Apatow‘s summer comedy Trainwreck. Rock is coming off of his well-received directorial debut Top Five.
The special is also a coup for HBO. Most recently, many white-hot comics like Aziz Ansari, Chelsea Handler and Chelsea Peretti have all turned to Netflix to debut their latest specials.
Schumer will write and exec produce with Mike Berkowitz and Jimmy Miller.
Schumer is repped by UTA, Mosaic and Schreck Rose. Rock is repped by ICM Partners, LBI and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day