- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As the world continues to mourn the death Andy Griffith, new details have emerged about the 86-year-old TV legend’s final hours.
According to the actor’s death certificate, he suffered a heart attack 24 hours before his death 7 a.m. Tuesday. The attack is listed as the cause of death on the document, which was obtained by Associated Press Thursday. The death certificate also reveals that Griffith had battled other health issues for years, including coronary artery disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
Less than five hours after his death, Griffith was burried in his family’s cemetery on Roanoke Island, near coast of North Carolina. Since Tuesday, he has received a wealth of praise from President Obama and co-stars Ron Howard and Jim Nabors, among others.
In addition to his iconic turn as the sheriff of Mayberry on The Andy Griffith Show from 1960-68, Griffith is also well regarded for his work on Matlock from 1986-95.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day