- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Friday broadcast of GMA, which went up against Savannah Guthrie‘s Today debut as co-anchor, ranked as the most-watched morning newscast last week and topped NBC in total viewers (4.85 million over 4.19 million) and the coveted adults 25-54 (1.86 million over 1.75 million).
ABC also managed to tie NBC in total viewers for the week. Although the show has scored similar feats since the viewership seesaw started tilting in its favor in April for the first time in 16 years, matching Today‘s 4.6 million haul on a such a highly publicized week is cause for some bragging rights.
Still, GMA isn’t touching Today in weekly numbers for the morning’s most desirable demo, adults 25-54. Today brought in 1.95 million in the group last week, while GMA pulled in 1.67 million.
Year-to-date, GMA is the only morning program to post gains in viewers and the demo, rising 4 and 7 percent, respectively.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day