- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chuck Lorre has found his Mom.
Scary Movie star Anna Faris has been tapped to headline the half-hour comedy pilot from the prolific producer behind Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory and Mike & Molly, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Mom, which Lorre co-wrote with Two and a Half Men exec producer Eddie Gorodetsky and story editor Gemma Baker, revolves around a recently sober single mother as she attempts to get her life in order in Napa Valley.
Faris will play the titular character, and should the project earn a series order, it would mark her first series regular gig following multiple episode arcs on series including Entourage and Friends. Her big screen credits also include The Dictator, THe House Bunny and My Super Ex-Girlfriend.
She’s repped by WME, Anonymous Content and Sloane Offer.
Lorre and Gorodetsky will executive produce the Chuck Lorre Productions/Warner Bros. Television effort, with Baker on board to produce; the trio co-wrote the spec script, which has received a pilot production order.
Should Mom land on CBS’ schedule, Lorre would have four series on the air.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day