- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is hosting a Bridesmaids reunion
Annie Mumolo, who co-wrote the 2011 hit comedy, is set to star in Fox’s family comedy pilot Amy’s Brother, which is being executive produced by Bridesmaids star Melissa McCarthy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project centers on an unconventional family that is formed when a successful type-A man, Matthew, and his estranged sister, Amy (Mumolo), and her two children find themselves not only back in each other’s lives but also living under one roof.
McCarthy and her husband/producing partner Ben Falcone are exec producing the comedy, created by writers and co-exec producers Jim Cashman and Mitch Silpa. Beth McCarthy Miller will direct and exec produce the entry, which hails from Warner Bros. TV.
Like McCarthy, Mumolo is also a graduate of The Groundlings. She is known for her roles in Bad Moms, About a Boy, Transparent and The Boss (which Cashman and Silpa also wrote). An Oscar-nominated writer, Mumolo’s credits also include Joy. She is repped by UTA and Thruline.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day