- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Annie Potts is heading to Manhattan.
The GCB alum has signed on to star in ABC pilot Murder in Manhattan from executive producer Ryan Reynolds, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Murder in Manhattan is an hourlong dramedy set in New York City centering on a mother and daughter who team as amateur sleuths.
Potts will play Blythe Sutton, a glamorous, sophisticated, yet surprisingly down-to-earth Park Avenue widow with two grown children. She is driven to solving crimes because she’s never gotten over her second husband’s murder, which she’s taken on as her own private case.
Legend of the Seeker‘s Bridget Regan is set to play Blythe’s daughter Lex. Enver Gjokaj, Brendan Hines and Shirley Rumierk co-star.
Executive producers on the ABC Studios/DarkFire project include Reynolds, Jonathon Komack Martin, Allan Loeb and Maria Maggenti, who will also write. Cherie Nowlan will direct the pilot.
Potts is repped by Innovative Artists and Frontline Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day