- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anderson was doing shots on the carpet with DeGeneres’ correspondent Andy Zenor and CBS late-night host James Corden before the Emmys.
“This is real!” the actor exclaimed after the first one, then proceeded to do at least two more shots.
Anderson explained to DeGeneres that he thought the drink in the shot glasses was water before he downed the first one.
He then proceeded to do multiple shots during his visit to The Ellen DeGeneres Show, airing Monday.
Anderson was nominated for an Emmy for his role on ABC’s black-ish this year, noting that he lost the award for a third consecutive year. (Atlanta star Donald Glover won the Emmy for outstanding leading actor in a comedy series this year.)
The first time he lost, Anderson said, he splurged on a Maybach; the second time a house. He hasn’t yet decided what to buy himself this year, but noted that he actually needed both the car and house, so they weren’t unnecessary purchases.
Later on DeGeneres’ show, he took part in a “dance-off” against So You Think You Can Dance winner Lex Ishimoto to raise money for breast cancer research. Watch it below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day