- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anthony Michael Hall was arrested Monday night on charges of disturbing the peace in relation to an altercation with a neighbor.
According to the L.A. Times, a neighbor in Hall’s Venice, Calif., condo complex told Los Angeles Police Department officers that the actor had torn up plans in one of the complex’s common areas.
When the man heard the noise and came out to ask what was going on, Hall allegedly uttered an obscenity and threatened to “beat him to a pulp.”
Soon after, Hall knocked on the neighbor’s door and tried to engage him in a fight, sources told the Times. The man then closed the door and called police.
A search on the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department inmate information website confirms that an “Anthony Hall” was booked Monday at 11:20 p.m. on a misdemeanor charge and then released at 11 a.m. Tuesday.
No one was available for immediate comment at the LAPD media relations department.
Hall is best known for his roles in the 1980s films Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and National Lampoon’s Vacation as well as the 2002-07 series The Dead Zone. He most recently appeared on NBC’s Community.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day