- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dawson Leery, prepare to meet MacGyver.
Richard Dean Anderson, who played the savvy secret agent on ABC’s thriller MacGyver for seven seasons from 1985 to 1992, has been tapped to guest star on the network’s sophomore comedy Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Anderson will cameo as himself in an upcoming episode of the ABC comedy that stars Dawson’s Creek alum James Van Der Beek as a skewed version of himself. The actor becomes the latest star to potentially poke fun at himself on the series, which co-stars Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker. Dawson’s co-star Busy Philipps, Saved by the Bell‘s Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Malcolm in the Middle‘s Frankie Munitz have all played themselves on the comedy from executive producers Nahnatchka Khan and David Hemingson.
In addition to MacGyver, Anderson’s credits also include the Stargate Universe series and episodes of Raising Hope and Fairly Legal. He’s repped by ICM Partners.
An airdate for his episode has yet to be determined. Apartment 23 airs Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day