- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apple is adding another big swing to its forthcoming roster of original scripted series, solidifying a straight-to-series deal for a new space drama from Ronald D. Moore.
Moore, among the more prolific genre showrunners of the last two decades, famously shepherded SyFy’s critically acclaimed reboot of Battlestar Galactica. He is currently working on Starz’s successful adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander novels.
The new series, set in an alternative timeline where the space race never ended, marks the third massive order for Apple’s original efforts. Deals were recently finalized for a morning show drama executive produced by and starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, as well as a reboot of Steven Spielberg’s Amazing Stories from Bryan Fuller.
Moore will create, write and executive produce the one-hour drama alongside Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi — both alums of Fargo and The People v. O.J. Simpson. The drama will be produced by Sony Pictures Television and Moore’s Tall Ship Productions shingle. Maril Davis will also serve as executive producer.
Moore, Wolpert and Nedivi are repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day