- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The drama is currently in production and sources say it’s not clear if the additional ten episodes will run concurrent with the initial 13 or be split into two seasons.
None of the series actresses are contracted beyond the current season, which started shooting this fall and was scheduled to wrap by early next year.
The fifth season of the Army Wives, which had its finale last June, averaged 3.6 million viewers.
That marked double-digit, year-over-year increases among total viewers, the18-49 and women 18-49 demographics.
Lifetime has struggled to launch new scripted hits this year prompting executives to take a hard look at the development slate.
The Ally Walker drama The Protector launched last June to 1.9 million viewers, holding on to only half of its lead in from incumbent hit Army Wives. Fellow freshman drama Up Against the Wall also put up underwhelming numbers (1.8 million) when it bowed last July.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day