- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW is enlisting a new foil for Arrow‘s Oliver (Stephen Amell).
British actor Jimmy Akingbola has nabbed the recurring role of DC Comics villain Baron Reiter — well known as Baron Blitzkrieg — on Arrow‘s fourth season.
Akingbola will recur on the series as Baron Reiter, an adversary for Oliver, and appear in the show’s prominent flashback scenes. In the comics, the character is the leader of the nefarious group Shadowspire.
The fictional crime group Shadowspire first made their appearance in Deathstroke No. 53 and supplied South American drug cartels with weapons, transportation, technology and intelligence. The Baron’s other operatives in the group included Steelhawk, Kodrescu, Mourn I and Mourn II.
The role marks Akingbola’s second stateside part, following an episode of History’s Sons of Liberty. The actor is best known for roles on Holby City, Holby Blue and, more recently, Rev. He’s repped by DBA, Hamilton Hodell and Authentic Talent.
Arrow season four premieres Oct. 7 at 8 p.m. on the CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day