- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Malcolm Merlyn is sticking around on Arrow.
John Barrowman has been promoted to series regular for season three, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
VIDEO: CW’s ‘Flash’ Teaser Trailer Debuts
Barrowman was first introduced as Malcolm/Dark Archer in the fourth episode of the first season and had appeared in a few episodes in the sophomore run, with the final two hours setting up his new arc.
The news comes after the finale featured Barrowman’s Malcolm bringing Oliver’s sister Thea under his wing, teeing up a potential new dynamic for father and daughter.
Stephen Amell teased the news Thursday on Twitter with a candid photo of himself and Barrowman at the network’s annual upfront presentation in New York.
#Arrow has a new series regular. @Team_Barrowman — What could go wrong?!?! pic.twitter.com/VgFQdQhKNq
— Stephen Amell (@amellywood) May 15, 2014
Barrowman joins an ensemble that includes Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Colton Haynes, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne and Emily Bett Rickards.
Arrow will return in the fall at 8 p.m. Wednesdays.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day