- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s a new gang leader in town on the CW.
The network’s freshman drama Arrow has enlisted NYPD Blue alum Currie Graham to lead the Royal Flush Gang made famous in the DC Comics series on which the Stephen Amell starrer is based, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Royal Flush Gang is a crime syndicate comprised of villains who fashion themselves after playing cards. Graham will play King — aka Derek Reston — on the CW series that revolves around billionaire playboy-turned-hero Oliver Queen after returning home from being stranded on a mysterious island for five years.
In the DC series, Ace was Derek’s alter ego, though in the CW incarnation, the character will go by the name of Kyle Reston and be portrayed by Kyle Schmid (Being Human). Graham, whose credits also include episodes of House of Lies, Fringe and Grimm, will appear in episode six.
“The Royal Flush Gang was the most outlandish villains from the comics, but they turned out to be our most grounded villains,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg told reporters Monday. “The relationship that Oliver has with King, the leader of the gang, we’re really proud of it.”
Arrow premieres Wednesday at 8 p.m. on the CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day