- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Arsenio Hall Show has lined up a guest list featuring familiar faces and fellow talk show hosts for its first week.
The syndicated late-night talk show, which debuts on Sept. 9, will feature guests Chris Tucker, Mark Harmon, Lisa Kudrow, Ice Cube, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, George Lopez and Angela Bassett during Hall’s first week. Musical guests include Nas, Mac Miller, Earth, Wind & Fire and Emblem3, in addition to surprise guests set to pop in during premiere week.
The September lineup also includes Modern Family‘s Eric Stonestreet, hip-hop artist Kendrick Lamar, America’s Got Talent host Nick Cannon, Dr. Phil, country music stars The Band Perry, Paula Patton (Baggage Claim), Melissa Leo (Prisoners), Djimon Hounsou (Baggage Claim), Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi (Fox’s controversial Dads), Allison Janney (CBS’ upcoming Mom), Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels), Russell Simmons, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Louie Anderson, Mayer Hawthorne, Gordon Ramsay (MasterChef Junior), Orlando Jones (Fox’s Sleepy Hollow) and the voice of Siri.
STORY: Arsenio Hall Talks Guests, Expectations and Jay Leno’s Generous Assist
“My first week of guests offers a taste of pop culture and represents the mix of talent I hope to have on my show every week,” Hall said. “I am honored to welcome friends — both old and new — to my show. My goal is to have fun, make people laugh and send viewers to bed with a smile on their face.”
Johnson’s appearance comes more than two decades after the NBA Hall of Famer made his first public appearance to discuss that he was HIV-positive. Lopez, for his part, made his national TV debut on Hall’s original show.
Hall’s guest list comes a week after The Queen Latifah Show set its debut lineup. Kicking off Sept. 16 on CBS stations, the Sony Pictures Television-produced daytime talker will feature John Travolta, Sharon Stone, Jake Gyllenhaal and pal Jamie Foxx. Will Smith, who is an executive producer on the Sony Pictures Television-produced talker along with his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, will also make an appearance.
Q&A: Arsenio Hall on his New Show, ‘It Feels Great to be In the Majors Again’
Hall’s full premiere week lineup follows.
· Monday, Sept. 9: Chris Tucker.
· Tuesday, Sept. 10: Ice Cube, Lisa Kudrow (Scandal) and rapper Mac Miller.
· Wednesday, Sept. 11: Magic Johnson, George Lopez and rapper Nas.
· Thursday, Sept. 12: Mark Harmon (NCIS) magicians Penn & Teller and Earth, Wind, & Fire.
· Friday, Sept. 13: Angela Bassett (American Horror Story: Coven) and Emblem3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Succession’ Star Brian Cox Reflects on Series After Finale Airs: “The Greatest Work Experience Ever”
Critic’s Notebook: Bleak Series Finale Brings ‘Barry’ to a Satisfyingly Unsatisfying Close
Alex Borstein on Love for Midge in Series Finale and ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’s’ Depiction of Imperfect Women