- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Syfy’s space opera Ascension has its first teaser.
In 1963, President Kennedy and the U.S. government launched a covert space mission sending hundreds of men, women and children on a century-long voyage aboard the starship Ascension to populate a new world, assuring the survival of the human race.
At first, things seem to as normal: Kids are pledging allegiance in a classroom, while a woman is seen washing dishes in the kitchen sink. But it’s in the final moments when the camera pans out that it’s revealed they’re living in outer space.
Battlestar Galactica alum Tricia Helfer returns to space, toplining the six-episode effort created and written by Smallville‘s Philip Levens. Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity, The Purge) and Mark Stern will also executive produce alongside Levens, Tim Gamble and Brett Burlock. It premieres in November.
Syfy also rolled out a longer look at Dominion, adapted from the Legion feature film, which is set in a post-apocalyptic world 25 years after an army of lower angels assembled by the archangel Gabriel wages a war of possession against humankind. Chris Egan, Tom Wisdom, Roxanne McKee, Alan Dale, Anthony Stewart Head and Luke Allen-Gale star. It premieres June 19 at 9 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day