- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He took a bow with fellow cast members Marin Hinkle, Jon Cryer, Holland Taylor, Conchata Ferrell, and a slimmed down Angus T. Jones at the end of the night dressed in character in a t-shirt, pants and red flip-flops.
It was revealed earlier this week that Kutcher’s character is a broken-hearted Internet billionaire named Walden Schmidt.
CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler said during the network’s Television Critics Association press tour presentation that the role “is a unique character” for “the talented, funny and gifted actor.”
Taking a bit of a potshot at Charlie Sheen, who was fired from the series in March, Tassler said, “We have an extraordinary actor in Ashton Kutcher. You have someone who is committed to doing their job and is incredibly professional.”
The new season of Two and a Half Men reportedly begins with the funeral of Sheen’s playboy character Charlie Harper. The episode will air on Sept. 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day