- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ATX Television Festival has set its opening night screening.
HBO’s Amy Adams starrer Sharp Objects has been tapped to kick off the June 7-10 television festival in Austin.
The eight-episode limited series is based on Gillian Flynn’s book of the same name and is about a reporter (Adams), fresh from a brief stay at a psychiatric hospital, who faces a troubling assignment: She must return to her tiny hometown to cover the murders of two preteen girls. Patricia Clarkson, Chris Messina, Eliza Scanlen, Elizabeth Perkins and Matt Craven round out the cast of the eOne and Blumhouse TV drama from showrunner Marti Noxon and director Jean-Marc Vallee (Big Little Lies). Panelists for the Q&A portion following the screening will be announced later. A formal premiere date for Sharp Objects has not yet been revealed, though Flynn indicated it will launch in June.
Sharp Objects joins an ATX programming slate that also includes panels featuring David Simon, a Nash Bridges writers room reunion, a thirtysomething reunion, Queen Sugar, American Woman, The Bold Type, Drunk History and Take My Wife, among others.
For full details and tickets, go to ATXFestival.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier