- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of the Avengers: Endgame world premiere Monday night, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon celebrated by posting a clip of the film’s cast starring in a mash-up to the tune of Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Start the Fire” — of course, the lyrics were changed to ensure it was a whole new Marvel experience. Throughout, Marvel characters and scenes from the last decade were shown and edited to the beat of the song.
The clip showed animated comic book strips intercut with popular scenes and major characters including Nick Fury, Iron Man, Loki, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Spider Man, Bruce Banner, Captain America, Ant Man and more, and even Fallon himself. Flames of fire appeared as the cast danced in sang in what looked like sections of a classic comic book, with bold colors, block lettering and bubble speech text.
The mash-up continued for the entire 2:06 run of the song, with a collection of comic book covers merging together to create a picture of the late Stan Lee at the end of the clip.
Avengers: Endgame is directed by the Russo Brothers, who helmed last year’s Infinity War, and marks the 22nd film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is projected to break worldwide records in its highly anticipated opening weekend.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day