- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Cumberbatch, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie and Chris Pratt parodied the famous musical title sequence, putting their own spin on the lyrics.
“Here’s the story of a playboy genius who was gearing up to form some sort of crew,” Downey sang, then joined by “a former Russian spy” (Johansson), “a god of thunder” (Hemsworth) and one who “fought in Word War II” (Evans).
Pratt quickly swooped in, dubbing Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Star-Lord “handsome” and “the greatest to ever walk the Earth.”
“And a falcon,” Mackie sang, followed by “a magic doctor” (Cumberbatch) and Boseman singing “Wakanda Forever.”
“So then one day all the heroes were assembled, to fight a villain who packed much more than a punch,” the cast sang in unison. “And this group was labeled the Avengers. That’s the way we all became the Marvel Bunch.”
Before the bit could end, Tom Hiddleston’s Thanos interrupted, greeting Hemsworth, “Hello, brother,” to which an angered Thor replied, “Shut up!”
Watch the video above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day