- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Three years after ABC unsuccessfully attempted to reboot Charlie’s Angels, NBC is trying another approach.
Awkward alum Annabel Oakes has set up In Security, a half-hour comedy at NBC, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Sony Pictures Television, In Security centers on four very un-Charlie’s-Angels-like female bodyguards/private investigators whose invisibility in society makes their jobs easier — and everything else harder.
See more Faces of Fall 2014
Oakes, who’s currently a writer on USA Network’s original comedy Sirens, will pen the script and executive produce alongside Phil Traill (Enlisted), who will direct should the project move to pilot. Kaplan Perrone Entertainment’s Aaron Kaplan and Sean Perrone are also on board as EPs.
Oakes is repped by UTA and Kaplan Perrone Entertainment. Traill, who has directed episodes of Black-ish, Raising Hope and Men of a Certain Age, is with UTA, manager Josh Verney and attorney George Davis.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day