- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ayesha Curry is getting a broadcast vehicle.
The popular cookbook author and personality will host and executive produce Family Food Fight for ABC.
A culinary competition that forgoes professional chefs for kitchen-inclined families, the format has been a huge hit in its native Australia. ABC has given it an eight-episode order, which will feature eight American families facing off in the kitchen.
Endemol Shine North America had been pushing the format at the recent LA Screenings. The project is said to be casting families with diverse cultural heritages and corresponding different styles of cooking. Curry will serve as both host and one of the judges. The winning family will take home $100,000.
For Curry, a former actress, it marks her second stab at a food series after Food Network’s Ayesha’s Home Kitchen, on which she both starred and hosted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day