- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
TORONTO – Canada is getting its own The Bachelor reality TV series in Fall 2012.
Force Four Entertainment will produce nine episodes of The Bachelor Canada, to air on the Citytv network, which already airs the U.S.-originating The Bachelor franchise, now in its 16th season.
PHOTOS: 19 of Hollywood’s All-Time Shortest Marriages
The Canadian version will be based on the U.S. series from Next Entertainment, produced in association with Warner Horizon Television.
Force Four Entertainment has launched a nationwide search for a Canadian bachelor and bachelorettes.
Production on The Bachelor Canada is set to start this spring.
The Citytv reality series is the latest Canadian off-shoot of a popular American reality TV franchise, as broadcasters here look to Canada’s Got Talent, Canadian Idol, Project Runway Canada and So You Think You Can Dance Canada to drive ratings and ad revenue from homegrown shows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘TV’s Top 5’: Maureen Ryan on the Depths of ‘Burn It Down’ (Beyond ‘Lost’); Plus Finale-Mania
Scandal-Plagued U.K. Ex-TV Host Denies Grooming Much Younger Colleague, but Admits “I Did Something Very Wrong”
Lily Rabe on the Tragedy of Betty Gore Explored in ‘Love & Death’: “There’s So Much Misperception”