- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Corinne Olympios has ended her personal investigation into what happened June 4 on the set of Bachelor in Paradise, and despite being satisfied with the results, the Bachelor star says she declined an invitation to return to the series.
“My team’s investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction,” the Bachelor star said in a statement via her publicist, Stan Rosenfield, on Thursday. “I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor in Paradise. While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on The Bachelor, and while I was invited to return to Bachelor in Paradise when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return.”
Shortly after Warner Bros. Television closed its own internal investigation into a misconduct allegation on the set of Bachelor in Paradise, contestant Olympios, who retained top Hollywood attorney Marty Singer, announced that she would be pursuing her own probe. “It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred,” said Singer on June 20. “Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard.”
WBTV, the producers behind the hit ABC franchise, announced that they were temporarily suspending production on the summer spin-off June 11 after a producer filed a complaint surrounding a sexual encounter between Olympios and fellow contestant DeMario Jackson. Both had been drinking heavily. A second producer later filed another complaint, but the investigation remained internal. WBTV, which captured the encounter on camera, concluded that no misconduct took place and announced on June 20 that it would resume filming on the fourth season of the series.
WBTV did, however, indicate that there would be changes to the show’s policies and procedures when the cast returned, “to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants.” Those changes, according to a source, include “more clarification and education of the rules that were already in place” and likely additional training for those that are off camera so this type of incident won’t happen again.
WBTV did not comment on Olympios‘ statement about being asked to return.
As THR reported, the original cast returned to the show’s Sayulita, Mexico, resort set over the weekend, but it was unclear if Olympios or Jackson would be joining the group. Jackson has since spoken out in a sit-down interview with E! News, where he shared his side of the story, and reportedly has not made up his mind about if he will return in some capacity.
This is the first public comment from Olympios since she first spoke out on June 14. In her initial statement, she said she had “little memory” of what happened and said in part, “I am a victim.” On Thursday, the 25-year-old said her intent over the past few weeks was to “learn and understand” what happened on June 4. She confirmed that she did not file any complaints against the producers, but said she felt “victimized” by the unfolding controversy.
“I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired,” she said.
Though ABC confirmed Paradise will air this summer, it is unclear if the show will be premiering on its initial Aug. 8 date. Filming was delayed by the investigation and the cameras will now be rolling through July 5, making it a tight turnaround. THR previously reported that producers were huddling over the weekend about how they plan to address the controversy when the show does air, and that likely possibilities included an address by host Chris Harrison, or possibly a sit-down with Jackson.
The franchise is “always open to possibilities of anyone coming back,” a source tells THR about the door still being open for Jackson.
The show also has the ability to air the footage they captured before the shutdown. WBTV would not comment on if those three days of footage would include Olympios or Jackson.
Read the full statement from Olympios on Thursday below:
In light of the overwhelming amount of misinformation that has been spread in the media, I want to clarify a few things. My intent over the past few weeks has been to learn and understand what happened on June 4. While I never filed complaints or accusations against anyone associated with Bachelor in Paradise, my team and I felt it was very important to be thorough in getting to the bottom of what had occurred. I felt victimized by the fact that others were judging me through conflicting and unsubstantiated reports, while I myself had no recollection of the events that transpired.
My team’s investigation into this matter has now been completed to my satisfaction. I am also happy about the changes that have been made to the production of Bachelor In Paradise. While I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to have been a participant on The Bachelor, and while I was invited to return to Bachelor In Paradise when production resumed, I respectfully made the decision not to return.
I understand the media’s interest in this story, and I greatly appreciate my fans’ concerns for my well-being, but I think it is best if I keep any further thoughts private for now.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day