- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UPDATED: The season premiere of ABC’s “The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love” posted a gain over last year’s high-flying season, while backdoor-pilot “Conveyor Belt of Love” rolled out a solid performance.
The two-hour “Bachelor” (9.5 million viewers, 3.3 adults 18-49 rating) was up 6% in the adult demo to win its hours versus other entertainment programs.
Fox’s presentation of the BCS Fiesta Bowl, Texas Christian University and Boise, ruled the evening overall. The game brought in 13.8 million viewers — down 21% from last year’s Fiesta Bowl, which had a more popular match-up (Texas vs. Ohio State).
At 10 p.m., ABC’s special “Conveyor Belt of Love” (6.3 million, 2.6) likewise led among entertainment shows, though fell significantly from its lead-in and contained a minute “Bachelor” overrun.
CBS was third with repeats. NBC was fourth with a two-hour “Heroes” (4.9 million, 2.2), which fell slightly from its first hour to its second and tied its all-time low. “The Jay Leno Show” (4.8 million, 1.5) was on par.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day