- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first promo for The Bachelorette‘s new season features two women, 25 guys and one human cupcake.
In a first for the ABC dating franchise, two bachelorettes — The Bachelor season 19 also-rans Britt Nilsson and Kaitlyn Bristowe — will compete in the premiere, as the men get to choose which one they want to stick around. (The Bachelor used a similar gimmick in its sixth season, with bass-fisherman Byron Velvick ultimately prevailing.)
The promo shows host Chris Harrison surprising the men by telling them they don’t have much time to get to know the women before placing their votes.
“I just don’t feel like this is how I should have to do it,” an emotional Bristowe tells the camera.
The clip promises the usual parade of wacky contestant introductions, including one guy wearing a giant cupcake suit, along with the requisite tension between the men.
The Bachelorette has had mixed results lately among its winning couples. Last season’s sweethearts, Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray, are no longer together, but the previous season’s pair, Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried, tied the knot in January.
The Bachelorette‘s two-night season premiere begins Monday, May 18, at 8 p.m. on ABC. The promo can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day