- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Julien Hug — who tried to win Jillian Harris‘ heart on The Bachelorette in May 2009 — has been found dead off a highway about 90 miles south of Los Angeles, The San Diego Union-Tribune reports. He was 35.
Officials are still investigating Hug’s cause of death. Hug’s body was discovered around 11 a.m. Wednesday in Riverside, Calif. near an area “you would need to hike into,” Riverside County Sheriff’s Deputy Melissa Nieburger told the Union-Tribune.
Fellow Bachelorette contestant Kiptyn Locke called Hug’s death “crushing news.”
Hug was last seen Monday when he left San Diego for Palm Desert, where he was set to take over as manager at an upscale restaurant his parents recently purchased, Augusta. A missing person report was filed that day when he never showed up.
Harris told TMZ.com that she was “completely heartbroken” to hear about Hug’s death.
“My whole heart goes out to [the Hug family] today as they mourn a precious life that ended far too soon,” she added. “It’s very difficult to find the words to express my condolences, but I will always remember Julien’s gentle demeanor and kind heart, which will be sadly missed.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day