- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marty McFly and Doc Brown don’t appear to be all that impressed with how 2015 turned out.
Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd appeared on Wednesday’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! dressed as their Back to the Future characters. The segment was in honor of Back to the Future Day, which marked the point in time that Marty and Doc traveled to in the film franchise’s second installment.
After Marty and Doc emerged from their DeLorean on Kimmel’s stage, they took note of the studio audience. “All of these people must have gotten here in their flying cars,” observed Marty.
When Doc figured out who Kimmel was, he asked him, “You have a talk show? What happened to Johnny Carson?”
Marty wasn’t impressed to learn that today’s society is not blessed with flying cars, hoverboards or peace in the Middle East.
“If you don’t mind my asking, what the hell have you guys been doing for 30 years?” Marty wanted to know. Kimmel responded by explaining that mankind recently has invented something called a cronut.
“Doc, it seems like 2015 kind of sucks,” concluded Marty.
After Kimmel snapped a selfie with the duo, Huey Lewis appeared in the crowd to tell them that they were “just too darn loud” — a reference to Lewis’ cameo in the first film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day