- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is stepping up to the plate to promote its upcoming family baseball comedy Back in the Game.
The network has turned its gallery photos for the cast of the James Caan starrer into faux baseball cards to promote the series.
The comedy revolves around a recently divorced single mother (Psych‘s Maggie Lawson), moves in with her estranged father (Caan) — a beer swilling former baseball player — and reluctantly starts coaching her son’s (Griffin Gluck) underdog little league team and is drawn back into the world of sports she vowed to leave behind.
Creators Mark and Robb Cullen both have experience as baseball coaches and coached Mark’s sons near year-round team for five years. The series is inspired by real parents, kids and situations from that experience. Caan’s Terry Gannon is based on their own father.
Check out the cast’s cards, below. Back in the Game premieres Sept. 25 at 8:30 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day