- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A&E has launched an online prequel to the upcoming four-hour miniseries Bag of Bones, based on Stephen King’s novel.
Dark Score Stories will serve as an interactive launchpad for the mini, starring Pierce Brosnan, Melissa George and Annabeth Gish. The online destination will delve deeper into the setting and characters of Bag of Bones through interviews, oral histories and black-and-white photographs.
Each vignette will offer a glimpse into daily life at Dark Score Lake, which is where Bag of Bones is set, and is introduced with an animated still. Visitors to the website will uncover secrets hidden in to each of the images.
“The worlds and characters of Stephen King have an incredible depth,” said Guy Slattery, senior vice president of Marketing at A&E. “Dark Score Stories is a great opportunity for fans to explore the rich world of Bag of Bones before they experience the excitement of our premiere.”
The photography was done by Danish photojournalist Joachim Ladefoged and Dark Score Stories was created by Campfire, an agency founded by The Blair Witch Project creators.
Bag of Bones, produced by Sony TV, airs Sunday, Dec. 11 and Monday, Dec. 12 at 9 p.m. on both nights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day