- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Character actress Barbara Allyne Bennet died Saturday at City of Hope hospital in Duarte, Calif. She was 76.
The Cleveland native appeared in the 1988 film Mac and Me and guest-starred on such TV series as The West Wing, The Office, Brothers & Sisters, Shameless, Chicago Hope and NYPD Blue.
She also lent her distinctive voice to national commercials for such major brands as Hyundai, Ford and Tide detergent.
Earlier, Bennet worked as a production assistant on The Rose (1979) and as a production coordinator on the TV series Flying High. She also served on the SAG board from 2005-07 and chaired the guild’s casting committee.
A mass will be held at 11 a.m. on Feb. 6 at St. Charles Borromeo Church in North Hollywood, followed by reception at the nearby St. Charles Social Center.
Donations can be made to the Cleveland Institute of Music, The Salvation Army or The Actors Fund.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day