- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In her storied career as a TV broadcaster, Barbara Walters has interviewed various presidents, diplomats and Kardashians.
Who’s left on her list?
“There’s always somebody in the news that you want to interview,” the co-host and creator of ABC’s The View said Wednesday night at the New York City soiree for THR‘s 35 Most Powerful People in Media.
“There’s certain people who’ve never done interviews: the Queen of England. His Holiness, the Pope. I don’t expect to do either. But it’s a nice wish list.”
Walters downplayed her placement on THR‘s media power list, where she shares space with fellow TV heavyweights Diane Sawyer and Matt Lauer, saying she didn’t feel qualified. (Sidenote: So humble, that Barbara.)
Arriving to the midtown Manhattan Four Seasons Grill Room “casually early,” she hobnobbed amongst a glittery who’s who of partygoers including Katie Couric, CBS chief Les Moonves and Fox News honcho Roger Ailes, with whom she talked for a while at a reserved table.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day