- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Barbra Streisand is singing a new tune about Glee.
At a Grammy’s MusiCares tribute event in her honor Friday, she was asked whether she would ever consider a role on the smash Fox show. “Not if I can help it,” she sniped to reporters.
Now, on her Web site, she admits she shouldn’t have used such a harsh phrase.
“When asked if I would ever appear on ‘Glee,’ I should have said, ‘You never know.’ It was wrong to say, ‘Not if I can help it,’ she writes.
She goes on to say that she has been “overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn’t take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn’t asked. I’m so honored that a lead character on “Glee” is so admiring of my work. In my speech at MusiCares, I thanked them ‘for exposing young people to music they might otherwise not hear today: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Darren Criss…you’re all so gifted.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day