- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Streisand, who in recent days has openly discussed how the current political climate and the Trump administration influenced her album, also mostly discussed politics with Maher, revealing her coping strategies for dealing with the news.
“First of all, I eat a lot. I eat sweets, like coffee ice cream, that counterbalances the bitterness that [President Donald Trump’s] throwing at us,” she revealed. “Also, I have to play games, literally, before I go to sleep. To get him out of my head, to get the news that I watch all day out of my head … to be in the present, you have to play gin, you know?” Streisand joked.
She also shared some of the specific questions she has about the president that keep her up at night. “What is he hiding? … Why is he above the law?” Streisand pondered. “Why does he live with those conflicts of interest? Why do other Republicans let him get away with it?”
Before concluding the interview, Streisand had a plea for the media: “Why do we allow the media to keep showing him on TV? Why are we covering his rallies? He’s got 71 rallies! … Don’t cover ’em!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day