- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The now Disney-owned basic cable network on Wednesday announced that the current fourth season of the Zach Galifianakis-led comedy will be its last. The Aug. 22 season-four finale will now double as a series finale.
Still, Baskets was owned and produced in-house by FX Productions and was a key part of FX’s scripted lineup at a time when the cabler is eyeing an uptick in originals now that it is under the Disney umbrella. The news arrives as FX is in the midst of the final season of Noah Hawley’s Marvel drama Legion and as sibling FXX wrapped fellow critical darling You’re the Worst earlier this year.
With the decision to end Baskets, FX’s comedy roster now includes Atlanta, Better Things, the upcoming Breeders, Mr Inbetween, the untitled Lil Dicky show, What We Do in the Shadows and FXX’s Archer and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
The move to wrap Baskets will likely be a topic of discussion when FX brass meet the press Aug. 6 at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day