- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Prepare to check into Bates Motel.
A&E will explore Norman Bates’ relationship with his mother, Norma, in the Psycho prequel series from Lost‘s Carlton Cuse and Friday Night Lights’ Kerry Ehrin when it pulls back the (bloody) curtain on the back story that helped forge the infamous serial killer.
Currently filming in Vancouver, Up in the Air Oscar nominee Vera Farmiga will play the tainted mother to Norman (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory‘s Freddie Highmore) in the drama that was ordered straight to series at the network.
The cast also includes Lost alum Nestor Carbonell as a local sheriff, Pan Am‘s Mike Vogel as his handsome deputy and Kit Kittredge: An American Girl‘s Max Thieriot as Norman’s older brother, Dylan Bates.
“We think our take on the Bates family will both be surprising and subvert expectations. We can’t wait for people to check in,” Cuse recently told The Hollywood Reporter of his take, which will premiere in early 2013.
Get to know the cast and feel for the series with 16 photos exclusive to THR by clicking here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day