- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meet the Bates family.
A&E on Tuesday released the first photo of stars Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore as the Bates family from its upcoming Psycho prequel Bates Motel.
In the image below, Farmiga’s (Up in the Air) Norma Bates appears as a distant hotel owner as her teen son Norman (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’s Highmore) joins his mother in the brush just in front of the eerie property, which the duo move into following the death of Papa Bates.
From Lost‘s Carlton Cuse and Friday Night Lights‘ Kerry Ehrin, Bates Motel will explore Norman’s relationship with his mother, Norma, and offer a look at his backstory that helped forge the infamous serial killer. The cast includes Max Thieriot as Norman’s older brother, Nicola Peltz as Norman’s friend and Olivia Cooke as one of his classmates.
Bates Motel, which bypassed the traditional pilot stage and was ordered straight to series, will premiere next year. Check out the image, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts. Are you intrigued?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day